Self-Adhesive Acrylic Hook Fastener
Self-adhesive Hook and Loop fasteners with an acrylic adhesive layer is mainly used in humid conditions, more extreme temperature differences or materials such as plastics. This self-adhesive acrylic Hook fastener is “Ready-to-Use” and “Pressure Sensitive” which means that the fastener can be easily cut to the desired length with scissors. And after removing the protective film, the self-adhesive Hook fastener can be applied directly by hand.
High quality acrylic fasteners
The fastener closure is also of high quality and has a high closing force. The starting point is a premium quality fastener made of 100% nylon and good for 10,000 openings.
The acrylic adhesive layer has a high adhesive force on materials such as wood, metal, glass.
This adhesive layer is protected by a foil. This can be a PET film or a cardboard/paper film; also called Pet film release or Paper release. The type of protective film may be a preference for some users; the adhesive layer and the fasteners remain the same.
Self-adhesive Acrylic Hook is available from stock in 7 widths in the colors black and white on rolls of 25 meters.
Characteristics of self-adhesive fastener with an acrylic adhesive layer
– High adhesive strength; (almost) immediately ready for use after application
-Temperature range -20°C – 120°C
– Acrylic adhesive layers can be used in humid conditions, but are not a durable solution with regular direct contact with water.
In addition to Hook and Loop fasteners with an acrylic adhesive layer, we also supply Hook and Loop fasteners with a Hotmelt adhesive layer and weldable fasteners. Need more information about which adhesive layer is suitable for your application? Read the information about self-adhesive fasteners or contact us.
Application instructions for self-adhesive fasteners with an acrylic adhesive.
– Clean the surface from dirt, dust and grease
– The surface must be smooth and even. With a rough, irregular surface, air can get behind the adhesive layer.
– Process the product preferably at room temperature; extreme temperatures can affect adhesive strength
– Apply by hand and press well. Pay extra attention to pressing the edges.
– The product is ready to use, but preferably let the adhesive layer cure for 48 hours for the best possible adhesive strength