Self-adhesive Hook and Pile fasteners with a Hot Melt adhesive layer is the most commonly used adhesive Velcro. This self-adhesive Hook and Pile fasteners is “Ready-to-Use” and “Pressure Sensitive” which means that the Touch fasteners can be easily cut to the desired length with scissors. And after removing the protective film, the self-adhesive Hook and Loop fasteneres can be applied directly by hand.
High quality self-adhesive Touch fasteners
The Touch fastener closure is also of high quality and has a high closing force. The starting point is a premium quality Touch fasteners made of 100% nylon and good for 10,000 openings.
The Hotmelt adhesive layer has a high adhesive force on materials such as wood, metal, glass.
This adhesive layer is protected by a foil. This can be a PET film or a cardboard/paper film; also called Pet film release or Paper release. The type of protective film may be a preference for some users; the adhesive layer and the Touch fasteners remain the same.
Hotmelt self-adhesive Hook and Loop fasteners is standard available in 7 widths in the colors black and white on rolls of 25 metres.
Characteristics of self-adhesive hook and loop tape with a hot melt adhesive layer
– High adhesive strength; (almost) immediately ready for use after application
– Not to be used on surfaces containing plasticizers (e.g. PVC)
– Not to be used if product is intensively exposed to UV
– Temperature range -5°C – 70°C
– Hotmelt adhesive layers are not resistant to water, in humid conditions it is better to use a Hook and Loop fasteners with an acrylic adhesive layer.
In addition to Velcro with a Hotmelt adhesive layer, we also supply Hook and Pile fasteners with an Acrylic adhesive layer and weldable Hook and Loop fasteners. Need more information about which adhesive layer is suitable for your application? Read the information about self-adhesive Touch fasteners or contact us.
Application instructions for self-adhesive Hook and Pile fasteners with a Hotmelt glue layer.
– Clean the surface from dirt, dust and grease
– The surface must be smooth and even. With a rough, irregular surface, air can get behind the adhesive layer.
– Process the product preferably at room temperature; extreme temperatures can affect adhesive strength
– Apply by hand and press well. Pay extra attention to pressing the edges.
– The product is ready to use, but preferably let the adhesive layer cure for 24 hours for the best possible adhesive strength